Gorey Cricket Club, is committed to maintaining the highest standards of behaviour and conduct. Players representing the club are expected to support their captain and respond to leadership in a positive fashion in order to ensure the good standing of the club.
The Club Committee has the overall responsibility for the behaviour of its members. Members remain under these rules when playing on an opponent’s ground or when appearing in a league representative side.
These rules shall apply in ALL matches played by the club, whether competitive or friendly, and all organised practise and training sessions.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All members and guests of Gorey Cricket Club will endeavour to:
1. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person within the context of cricket
2. Treat everyone equally, and not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, parental or marital status, religious belief, class or social background, sexual preference or political belief
3. Not condone or allow to go unchallenged, any form of discrimination if witnessed
4. Display high standards of behaviour
5. Promote positive aspects of Cricket e.g. fair play
6. Encourage all participants to learn the Laws and Rules, and play within them, respecting the decisions of match officials
7. Actively discourage unfair play, rule violations, and arguing with match officials
8. Ensure that activities are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the individual
9. Not smoke, drink or use banned substances while actively working with young people in the club
10. Avoid the use of alcohol before coaching, during events and on trips with young people
11. Not provide young people with alcohol, cigarettes or any banned substances when in the care of the club
12. Not take Photographs/Images of Children at matches, training or Club functions, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION of the PARENTS/CARERS of the children
# Members and Guests include all members and officers of G.C.C, and all guests of those members and officers, as well as all individuals who watch/attend/participate/officiate in matches hosted by the club in whatever capacity
The Captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the spirit of the game, as well as within the Laws
Players and Team Officials shall NOT at any time engage in conduct unbecoming to a player or team official, which could bring the game into disrepute.
Players and Team Officials shall NOT intimidate, assault or attempt to intimidate or assault an umpire, another player or spectator
Players and Team Officials shall NOT use crude or abusive language (known as ‘sledging’) nor make any offensive gestures, nor appeal excessively
Players and Team Officials shall NOT make any public pronouncement or comment, which is detrimental to the game, in question 3
The Captain must take adequate steps to ensure the good behaviour of their members, and supporters towards players and umpires
Place the well-being and safety of all players above the development of performance
Adults must NOT change or shower at the same time using the same facility as children
If Adults and Children need to share a changing facility, the Club must have consent from the Parents that their Child(ren) can share a changing room with Adults in the club
Cameras and any other recording Equipment must NOT be used in the changing room
GOREY CRICKET CLUB
[i] Members are requested to read and comply with G.C.C Code of Ethics, before signing their